Who I am
Seasoned Engineering Manager adept in all stages of advanced web development.
Proven track-record for results-driven leadership and thoughtfully fostering team growth.
Bringing forth expertise in design, installation, testing and maintenance of web systems. Equipped with a diverse and promising skill-set.
Able to effectively self-manage during independent projects, as well as collaborate and lead in a team setting.
Recently acquired passion for AI and Language Model prompting.
Director of IT
- Assist in the development and execution of the IT Strategic Plan, which aligns IT & Development initiatives with business goals and strategies.
- Lead and define web development best practices, coding standards and workflow processes.
- Keep stakeholders, collaborators, and other interested parties well-informed of the team progress and activities.
- Own the technology stack, ensuring a high-performing, agile, and scalable solutions framework that can support rapid business expansion.
- Recommend, design, and develop site architecture to enable a best-in-class user experience.
- Coach and mentor the team, helping them expand their technical knowledge and advance their leadership skills.
- Establish performance monitoring systems and protocols to ensure a high degree of availability, system readiness, and global site performance.
- Provide insight to UX Designers about platform requirements and limitations.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
Senior IT & Development Manager
- Led the design and development of technology solutions to support and drive the business forward.
- Built internal and consumer-facing solutions and contributed to product design and system scalability.
- Collaborated with business and technology professionals on architecture, development, integration, and maintenance of solutions to meet rapidly evolving business needs.
- Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of technologies and tools, including programming languages, databases, and software development methodologies.
- Managed and led development teams, providing guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify and troubleshoot issues quickly and efficiently.
- Strong communicator, able to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and clients.
- Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting tight deadlines and delivering high-quality work.
- Continually stay current with the latest trends and best practices in the industry to ensure that solutions are cutting-edge and meet the highest standards.
Senior Web Developer Contract
- Successfully developed and implemented a variety of WordPress projects from initial design and mockup to final deployment and post-deploy maintenance.
- Contributed to project scoping and planning, providing expert advice on best practices and industry standards to ensure project success.
- Collaborated with team members to hire and manage a team of overseas developers, effectively communicating project requirements and providing guidance and support throughout the development process.
- Demonstrated expertise in full-stack web development, utilizing a wide range of technologies and tools to deliver high-quality, responsive and user-friendly websites.
- Consistently met and exceeded client expectations, resulting in successful project completion and long term relationships.
Full‐Stack Web Developer
- Managed multiple company websites including ecommerce stores utilizing Woocommerce.
- Developed a custom inventory management system enabling booking and availability tracking
- Planned and led a company-wide redesign and rebranding effort that finished five weeks early and under-budget by 17%
- Implemented a new Digital Asset Management system with custom API and plugin to simplify integration of digital assets across all company websites
- Led all development projects, including planning, coding, and implementation
- Managed security and updates for all company web servers and websites
- Maintained internal marketing tools integrating with FileMaker and JobPro systems
- Assessed internal processes and architected solutions to enhance productivity
- Provided technical advice and input on key company decisions
- Continuously optimized company marketing efforts for maximum benefit and SEO.
Technical Project Manager / WordPress Development Manager
- Led clients to clearly identify and continuously manage project scope, requirements, dependencies, and deliverables.
- Maintained effective communication to keep all stakeholders involved in the project.
- Initiated, coordinated, and enforced systems, policies, and procedures.
- Improved organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Maintained project quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Managed vendors, resulting in 180% increase in average profit-per-project and 35% reduction in project lifecycle.
- Improved client and employee satisfaction rates.