Who I am
Accomplished Director of Information Technology with comprehensive experience in the complete spectrum of IT operations and strategy.
Exhibit leadership excellence in directing cross-functional teams, strategic planning, and driving innovation across the IT landscape.
Known for a holistic expertise in the design, installation, testing, and maintenance of diverse systems, with a deep understanding that goes beyond web technologies.
Effectively combines strategic leadership skills with technical proficiency to steer independent projects, facilitate collaboration, and drive team success in the IT realm.
Embarking on the exciting journey of AI and Language Model exploration, leveraging my comprehensive IT background to understand and harness the potential of these emerging technologies.
Director of IT
- Assist in the development and execution of the IT Strategic Plan, which aligns IT & Development initiatives with business goals and strategies.
- Lead and define web development best practices, coding standards and workflow processes.
- Keep stakeholders, collaborators, and other interested parties well-informed of the team progress and activities.
- Own the technology stack, ensuring a high-performing, agile, and scalable solutions framework that can support rapid business expansion.
- Recommend, design, and develop site architecture to enable a best-in-class user experience.
- Coach and mentor the team, helping them expand their technical knowledge and advance their leadership skills.
- Establish performance monitoring systems and protocols to ensure a high degree of availability, system readiness, and global site performance.
- Provide insight to UX Designers about platform requirements and limitations.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
Senior IT & Development Manager
- Led the design and development of technology solutions to support and drive the business forward.
- Built internal and consumer-facing solutions and contributed to product design and system scalability.
- Collaborated with business and technology professionals on architecture, development, integration, and maintenance of solutions to meet rapidly evolving business needs.
- Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of technologies and tools, including programming languages, databases, and software development methodologies.
- Managed and led development teams, providing guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify and troubleshoot issues quickly and efficiently.
- Strong communicator, able to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and clients.
- Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting tight deadlines and delivering high-quality work.
- Continually stay current with the latest trends and best practices in the industry to ensure that solutions are cutting-edge and meet the highest standards.
Senior Web Developer Contract
- Successfully developed and implemented a variety of WordPress projects from initial design and mockup to final deployment and post-deploy maintenance.
- Contributed to project scoping and planning, providing expert advice on best practices and industry standards to ensure project success.
- Collaborated with team members to hire and manage a team of overseas developers, effectively communicating project requirements and providing guidance and support throughout the development process.
- Demonstrated expertise in full-stack web development, utilizing a wide range of technologies and tools to deliver high-quality, responsive and user-friendly websites.
- Consistently met and exceeded client expectations, resulting in successful project completion and long term relationships.
Full‐Stack Web Developer
- Managed multiple company websites including ecommerce stores utilizing Woocommerce.
- Developed a custom inventory management system enabling booking and availability tracking
- Planned and led a company-wide redesign and rebranding effort that finished five weeks early and under-budget by 17%
- Implemented a new Digital Asset Management system with custom API and plugin to simplify integration of digital assets across all company websites
- Led all development projects, including planning, coding, and implementation
- Managed security and updates for all company web servers and websites
- Maintained internal marketing tools integrating with FileMaker and JobPro systems
- Assessed internal processes and architected solutions to enhance productivity
- Provided technical advice and input on key company decisions
- Continuously optimized company marketing efforts for maximum benefit and SEO.
Technical Project Manager / WordPress Development Manager
- Led clients to clearly identify and continuously manage project scope, requirements, dependencies, and deliverables.
- Maintained effective communication to keep all stakeholders involved in the project.
- Initiated, coordinated, and enforced systems, policies, and procedures.
- Improved organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Maintained project quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Managed vendors, resulting in 180% increase in average profit-per-project and 35% reduction in project lifecycle.
- Improved client and employee satisfaction rates.